24 hour Fast this week (4/13/2019
Moscow Mobster: if anyone here wants to do a 24 hour fast let me know. I'd like to do it some time this coming week and it would be nice if I can do it with others. Send me a message if interested.
Moscow Mobster: Looks like several people are going to do this with me me. Thank you!
Let's establish some very simple rules.
1. Pick a day this week April 14th-20th, 2019. I am starting on Monday April 15th right after dinner.
2. Your Fast starts the minute you put your fork down on the last meal of the day that you decide.
3. Come to this thread and post that you've started your Fast and at what time. Committing to us helps you succeed, and we can root for you.
4. Come back and tell us when you finish your fast, or you've broken it. If you decide you must eat something, end the fast and try again next week. Training *always* includes failures. It would not be unusual if you can't do this the first time.
5. No food or eating is allowed during fasting. There are no "no-calorie" foods during fasting.
6. Liquids allowed and recommended during fasting. These will allow your body to stay in the fasted (fat-burning) state:
- Water: still or sparking, but no flavoring.
- Water with lemon or lime
- Black coffee
- Tea with no sugar or sweetener and no milk
- Tea with lemon
No artificially sweeteners like Equal, Splenda, Stevia and Agave. They trick your brain!
Prepare to feel hunger pangs. Have a strategy. One response is to embrace hunger as a sign that your body is releasing stored fat and using it for energy. When you feel hungry imagine that you are actually opening your saddlebags or fanny pack on your belly and depleting them! Another response is to treat hunger like a bratty child demanding a treat. You are a grownup, a mature master of your emotions who ignores the brat.
You can do this. You've sleighed bigger dragons
Scott Fitzgerald wisely said, “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” Failure doesn’t make YOU a failure. Developing good habits takes time and practice.
DO NOT do this more than once a week
Moscow Mobster: Please reply now and let us know you're in and when you're going to do this this week.
And then, come back right after you Fast starts and tell us you've started. And again when you're done.
Moscow Mobster: Done with my fast. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I haven't eaten in 24 hours, but if feels like I just skipped lunch. I considered going another 12 hours, and not until the morning, but nah....
Moscow Mobster: and since the initial fast, i now do 16 or 18 hour fast every day.
basically, i only eat food between the hours of noon and 8 PM. If we have dinner later, then I will have lunch later.
basically, i wait 16-18 hours after dinner on the next day to eat
Moscow Mobster: When did on April 13th, i was nervous whether i could do a 24 hour fast. I prepared for it mentally and physically, and succeeded.
I never thought six weeks later I'd be doing almost every day (5 days a week)
and I've since lost 25 lbs.
of course the weight thing will plateau.
The big benefit is that having a single meal a day really keeps my energy level up the entire day.
Moscow Mobster: I used to be obsessed with Pink Floyd. This reminds me the lyrics from one of their most obscure songs, and one of my favorites, called "The Trial" toward end of The Wall album, where the lines go:
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.