What is Your Favorite Season of the Year? (Page 4)
LoisS: The debate you have with yourself when you wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee. Do I get up, nah go back to sleep, but I have to pee, nah I will be fine, back forth back forth for about 20 mins .......
deyb_Deb: Several of my Pet Peeves in regard to Chat Rooms on ANY website
1) How some members who visit certain chat rooms on a regular basis have self-appointed their status to the level of ELITE among the others. They act like they've been crowned Prom King or Prom Queen for life.
2) How there is a double standard as to who is allowed to use certain tongue-in-cheek remarks toward others in the room. I've seen some bully the same chatters over and over, yet let someone from the 'lower echelon' behave in a similar manner toward one of the 'chosen ones' .. then the crowd is overcome by a mob mentality and verbally begin attacking the one who is perceived as less special with a multitude of put-downs and know-it-all false accusations.
3) How the 'cool kids' try to bully you out of a room if you're not one of the chosen ones.
4) The 'followers' in a room who A$$-KI$$ the self-appointed elite Prom King or Prom Queen.
5) Backstabbers who fake friendliness publicly in a chat room but then go to private chat in order to tattletale and gossip about you to those on the top rung. I guess that's how they earn their brownie points for another day.
6) Instigators and agitators the Prom King or Prom Queen USE to do their dirty work so they themselves don't get their own hands soiled.
7) CHATTERS who have NO SENSE of HUMOR in rooms created to have a playful and fun atmosphere.
cloudygrey33: I agree... Chat rooms are very clique-y. I've never been on the "inside" of any of those groups. Too many expectations. I'd rather just be me and if that isn't enough for someone or not meeting some expectations they've set up in some weird social hierarchy... Not my problem. High school sucked enough the first time around.
CactusCutie: Another one of my pet peeves is, how perfume commercials and ads rarely tell you what a perfume's fragrance actually smells like. They show us images of emotions and experiences they believe women, men, and teenagers want in their lives. Pay attention next time you see a fragrance commercial on TV. Buy this fragrance, and you will be sexy and desirable.
CactusCutie: No matter what time of day or night I stop into the game rooms, the same few people are always playing. I think they need to get into a 12 Step Program for what appears to occasional players as the addiction of compulsive gambling. Apparently they don't see the problem. It's sad.
deyb_Deb: When arranging furniture in a room, I don't like anything placed in front of windows... no headboards, no sofas, no chairs, no tables etc...
CactusCutie: Adding more to my comment from one month ago about the game rooms.
The game room addicts need to get out of those game rooms once in a while and do something productive with the time they've been given each day. What are they thinking?
LoisS: PP - The "One Uppers" No matter what story you tell them they have one that is more elaborate or intense than yours
Chele1L: Not really a pet peeve but.. i dislike realizing i have to scroll n scroll to enter birth date now!
deyb_Deb: ... One of my many pet peeves is, after you make a generous donation to a charitable organization; and some of them immediately begin sending you countless requests for MORE money via email and snail mail... One time, I donated online to CH; and as soon as I pressed the submit button, a window popped up asking for MORE money that would help feed a certain number of runaway teens. Nice way to make a donor feel appreciated (not). Now I do think CH does good work for many young people, but I want to donate when the spirit moves me to do so, not because they've sent 500 requests in a month. I eventually had to ask to be removed from their mailing list.
The giant midget: Omg Deb ,I hate that with a passion ,it was so annoying .that we stopped donating altogether to the hospital ..
today with the help of some organizations that work under the radar,we provide a couple of old Victorian homes with 3 bedrooms and kitchen bathrooms on every floor ,completely renovated very close to Sick kids hospital ,that are fully furnished,fridges are fully stocked bi weekly
free of charge to parents that have their children in the hospital for a few weeks and in some occasions months and live more than 100 km from the hospital.
All we ask is to keep the house cleaned .
If are like their Ronald McDonald house
(Edited by The giant midget)
deyb_Deb: I recently resumed using my bank's ATM system. I don't like the bills coming out in all directions and some with ends folded. A hundred years ago (slight exaggeration) when I was a part time grocery cashier while in high school, the manager trained us to have all the faces up and going in the same direction, which made giving change back easier with a less likelihood for handing customers the wrong amount of bills. An added note, those were the days when cashiers had to figure how much was due the customer---even if they gave us that extra penny. The first thing I do when I get home after visiting the ATM is to arrange all my bills face up heading in the same direction with the highest denomination first. Then I unfold any folded corners. I just cannot put those bills in my wallet all mishmash without causing myself unnecessary anxiety.
deyb_Deb: 2021 November 10 ~ I prefer to wash my own coffee mug and other dishes, because, based on repeat issues such as food residue or a stray hair, if a certain other person washes them, I don't have confidence that they're done well. I'm likely to rewash for my personal peace of mind.